Saturday, December 30, 2006

Happy New Year 2007

I wanted you write all of you to wish you a very Happy New Year 2007.  I feel it will be a great year!  A friend sent me a slide show and one of the quotes was "We seldom think of what we have, but always think of what we miss!"  I think this quote has too much defined my last six months.  I will try to change my way of thinking this next year and do better.  When in another country you do MISS people and things and conveniences.  The things that come to mind besides my family and friends are fast food, ESPN, & A REALLY GOOD JUICY HAMBURGER!!!!
 
We have enjoyed Meredith's visit enormously.  She has rested and gone along with all our escapades.  We haven't ventured out of the city which she said was ok with her.  We have stuck close to home.  She has tried a few foods here but hasn't been real adventurous in the food category.  Please continue to remember her John in your thoughts and prayers.  Ben sounds good.  He has a new apartment, new roommate, new car, and a new job as manager of his store.  We are very proud of him.  I will see him January 21 for a couple days that I hope will include a trip to Disneyland. 
 
They have been practicing fireworks for New Year's here and my heart has stopped a couple times.  Meredith even jumped last night.  They even shoot them off during the day and I don't understand why.  You can't enjoy the beauty of them in the daylight.  All the stores are starting to close and the city is slowly getting deserted.  Everyone goes to the beach for New Year's.  John loves our parking garage during this time of year because with everyone gone it is easier to park.
 
Tonight we are going to the wedding of Hilary Atkisson.  She is the daughter of Lynn and David Atkisson, Presbyterian Missionaries that we met here.  She is marrying Cae, a very handsome and kind Brazilian young man. We will be going to Mary & Joe Cavese's apartment tomorrow for a New Year's Eve Party.  It should be amazing from there as they live on the 19th floor.  I hope to take good pictures with our camera.  John found it had a fireworks button.  We are making American food so this will really make it good.  John has promised to take a nap so he can stay up and enjoy it all.
 
I'll be at Mom's from January 8 to 20 if you should be close.  I can't promise the planes will be on time because they never are but I'll be there close to those dates.  Happy New Year to all and may God richly bless year 2007. 

No comments: