Monday, May 5, 2008

April 2008 in Brazil

Every single time I go out here in Brazil I should take the camera.  We have been here three years and every day there is something that fascinates me enough to want a picture.  It seems one of the sentences I say to John more than anything is:  "I wish I had the camera!"  It may be a blooming tree, a fence covered in a fragrant flowering bush, a bird, something crazy or something sweet but it is always a memory that I want to capture.  Yesterday it was this beautiful palm tree at the mall and they had planted orchids in the grooves of the tree and the orchids were blooming.  Maybe I just need a smaller, lighter camera that would be easier.
 
It has been gloriously cool the last 5 weeks.  We have only used the air conditioner 3 times since I've been home.  You all know how hot natured I am so this is good.  The past couple days have been very cold.  The Brazilians have brought out their boots, scarves, and heavy coats and think I am a lunatic in my regular clothes.  To me this is just heavenly football weather.  I did wear a sweatshirt one day but had to take it off while walking.
 
The dear Rodgers Family (serving The Navigators here in Campinas) will be moving the end of the month back to the States.  All of you know how important they have been to us here and how both John and I will miss them.  We have watched their children grow up before our very eyes into amazing young people. They have sowed many seeds here in Brazil along with Harry and Robin with their time, football games & other sports, Bible Studies and meals in their home.  They probably won't know their impact until they reach heaven but I know there are many Brazilians that will greatly miss them and I know many have been truly changed through their love.

No comments: