Sunday, April 26, 2009

Brazil - April

Goodbye Nancy & Curt!
Dog with leather boots. Amaryllis painted by Lauren


Parrots painted by Lauren





The new Starbucks!














I am back in Brazil. I returned to cool, breezy Fall weather. The Brazilians are starting to pull out the winter clothes. I am just in Heaven. My friend Cassia loves this time of year. She gets to wear her beautiful boots.

I left my Mom in good shape. The doctor told us it would take 4-5 weeks for the new thyroid medicine to kick in and I could see a difference before I left. She gets stronger everyday. Thank you to everyone for your prayers. I am very proud of her.

There is one thing I do every single Friday. Check the movies at Iguatemi Mall because they have my favorite popcorn. We do go to other movie theaters too though. I checked today and there are two new movies out and BOTH are in English. It is a good day when there is one but when you can do a double feature it is a really good day.

They are having a marathon for cancer. The music blasted us out of the bed at 6:30. I was upset until we walked down there and found what it was for. If Mike & Seth were here they would be running. We looked for Kathy Delorme. We thought she might be running. The 26 mile ending was uphill and I felt so sorry for those people. I am amazed at how many people are running.

We walked to the bazaar held every Saturday and Sunday. I took a picture of the dog (I will post on my blog) we saw with his little leather boots on. As we were walking back we saw the new Starbucks almost finished very close to where Mary and Joe used to live. I don't think anyone's coffee can beat Romana's coffee but I will give it a try.

Nancy and Curt will be returning to the States next month. They have been here with us the whole 4 years. We will really miss them. That doesn't leave many of us here.

I have started taking Art Class with Morgan. She is so much fun. I am putting tile on a table that is very old. It was Mom and Dad's table. It is starting to look very nice. She was Lauren Rodger's Art Teacher too. Lauren painted us two paintings for our apartment. One of Amaryllis and one of parrots. They are amazing.

No comments: