Tuesday, November 17, 2009

An American Preparing to Leave Brazil

Our tired and weary traveling tree now at a new home at Kyle & Sam'sI do not know the name of these beautiful plants in Kyle and Sam's yard but right now they are just stunning
Another view of beautiful plants!
Wow. There is nothing quite like going through everything preparing to move. Especially preparing to move from a foreign country. Howard, The owner of our moving company, Gerson & Grey, just left and what an experience made easy. He told me exactly what I needed to do. Went over it a few times and now I feel confident and prepared with a good plan in place. I do not see how Mary-Katherine Rogers has done this 4 times and with THREE children. She is a good example for me and gives me HOPE that I can do it this time. Her destinations were Mexico, Brasil, China and now Spain. What a woman. We will have the photo's taken of all our pictures so we can't smuggle anything out and install de-humidifiers to dry out the house on November 26 through 2. Then on December 1 we will turn in our documents. I remember Mary Cavese saying she and Joe were at the notarizing company all day long getting their documents in order. They take our air shipment on December 3 and start to pack our sea shipment. They pack December 3, 4, 7, & 8 and will load on December 9. We will leave Brazil either on December 14 or 15. Our shipment will take over a month so it should work out. Then we will start looking for a house in Anderson. Sounds like a good plan doesn't it!

I was properly prepared for dealing with today by Kyle. She took me to her home where I spent the night. We put up the Christmas tree. Her housekeeper fixed a wonderful lunch. We had coffee with Annabel. We sat in the cool breeze of the evening with our feet in her pool. Watched a movie and worked on our rugs. What a wonderful friend. I was relaxed and ready to tackle the day. I am so blessed. I attached a picture of the beautiful flowers in her yard.

Our wonderful and tired Christmas Tree has been all over the city. It was at our apartment the first two years, then at our Portuguese School, Interclass, then I decorated it in the party room downstairs at our apartment and now it is at Kyle and Sam's. At least I got to decorate a tree this year with my friend. It is put together with screws and nails but after 15 years it is still standing.

The weather here has been so hot. I wasn't prepared for it and it has taken me back. The restaurant people and shop people are very worried because my face is always so red from walking in the sun. They always offer me water to drink.

Everywhere the beautiful flamboyance trees and poinsettias are blooming welcoming the Christmas Season. The shops are decorated and ready. I can't believe I will be in the U.S. for Christmas. It will be our first in 5 years. What a treat for us. I'll update again soon.

No comments: