Friday, November 20, 2009

Long Walk - November 20, 2009

The window of one of my favorite shops, Alfazema, all decorated for Christmas. An angel in the park trumpeting in the Christmas Season.
Beautiful decorations hanging from the kitchen shop!
Those of you that took Portuguese at Interclass remember the tree in front. We have sat there many a time to be shielded from the sun. Well, it died and now has been replaced with this beautiful tree that some day will do the same.

Our park has a new playground and in the afternoons it is squealing with children but on this early holiday it was quiet.
Today is a holiday in Brazil. It is their Independence Day. It is quiet and there were hardly any people on the street or at Romana's. I stopped and had my usual breakfast and then walked for about an hour. It was so pleasant except for the heat. A nice, quiet walk. The sun has come out and has taken the clouds away. I may have to go to swim just to cool of. Here are some pictures I took on my walk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Thanks for taking us on a walk with you today!