Saturday, April 15, 2006

March in Brazil

March, 2006
I survived my travels and I am back in Brazil and adjusting.  I have decided it takes me about 2 days to really start liking it here again.  Nothing against the people but I just love The Great United States of America.  People who complain about it should move away for a bit and they wouldn't complain anymore.  I returned to very hot weather.  Fortunately there have been storms almost every night which really cools things down. 
I got to Wichita Falls on February 8 and spent a lot of time with Ben.  He had to work but fit me into his busy schedule.  We had fun shopping for groceries, eating out and talking.  He is doing really well and making plans to move to California.  Please pray that he will do only what God wants him to do.  It is a big move for him but for us also.  We feel secure knowing he is in WF close to people that can help if he needs it.  I loved seeing friends and eating at all my favorite restaurants.  John said it was a good thing that I did not take an extra suitcase because I would have brought many things home from The Last Straw.  I always loved Spring at the store.  A big thank you to Billy Edd and Joan Gowan who loaned me their car.  Susan Threlkeld and I went to The American Airlines Center in Dallas to see The Gaither's. We had such fun.  It revived my soul.  I listen to them all day here in Brazil so to see them in person was an extra treat.  The piano player, Anthony Burger, was one of the highlights for both of us.  It was very sad that he passed away, at the age of 44, at one of the concerts the next week.  What a blessing that we saw him when we did. 
I got to Mom's in Chattanooga on February 12.  It was a very full two weeks.  She had car troubles, sewer troubles, tooth troubles, and one visit to the doctor.  It was fun to take care of all this together.  I got to see Kathy Beasley Palmer who was visiting her Mom from Philadelphia.  I have decided she should give lessons on shopping.  Mom and I went shopping with Kathy and her Mom.  What a blessing that we have been friends for 38 years!
I left Mom's and went to Anderson, South Carolina for one day.  Gail Saylors picked me up at the airport.  I saw just a few friends because of the amount of time but just seeing a few special faces did my heart good.  Thank you Kay Cothran & Rosemary Lindley for special times with friends and for the delicious food.  It was great to catch up.  Everyone looked amazing.  I think we get better as we get older.  Thank you Gail & Drake for letting me stay in your home.  I was treated better than at a Ritz.  Also, John was glad again that I had limited space in my suitcase because I could have gone nuts in Propp Drugs.  I certainly miss going to market with Beth and Lee.  I was sad to miss the wedding of Tammy Crooks.  What a dear young lady.  Doug is certainly a blessed man.
I missed the wedding of Simone here in Brazil but I am attaching a picture of the church.  John traveled 8 hours to get there on really good roads except for one little section.  After he told me about the hotel room I am very glad I did not go.  He had fun though and made new friends.  We have heard stories from friends that went to Carnaval.  They want us to go next year.  Who knows what a year will bring???
Thank you everyone for all kindnesses towards me over the past three weeks.  God is so good to me!  Love you all very much, Kathy

No comments: