Friday, April 14, 2006

Vacation Bible School in Brazil

Tuesday, July 5
Today is my Mom's 82nd birthday.  Happy Birthday MOM!
I just had an experience with Vacation Bible School.
We had 126 impoverished, desperately poor and needy children.
They were not well behaved at all and it was extremely exhausting.
I can't believe I have to go back tomorrow.
Many had lice and runny noses.
I kind of kept things rolling and stayed away from them.
I am covered in paint.
I met many sweet precious people though from church.
The pastor and his wife are very nice.
There were two girls helping out for two weeks at the church from Covenant College in Chattanooga.
It was a lot of fun getting to know them.
I guess it was more fun than sitting in the room and doing nothing.
The biggest rodent lives here in Sao Paulo.
They are rats but they are the size of pigs.
They are nasty critters.  I will never complain again about a little rat.  They are called capybara.
I guess every day is going to be a new experience for a while.
Love, Kathy

No comments: